Property Damage caused to your home or business property from water, fire damage, or mold can cause devastating damage. Correcting requires expertise and experience in restorative services.
At Ram Restoration, we employ a team of highly qualified service professionals to get you back into your home or business premises as soon as possible.
Types of property damage
There are a number of reasons why your property may suffer from property damage. From natural disasters to accidents and other incidents, your home or property may be in urgent need of fire damage repair work.
The most common causes of damages that we repair are due to –
If your home or commercial property has been involved in a fire the problems from smoke and soot can be extensive. Along with property damage to furniture and interior fixtures, structural problems to roofs, walls, and floors can also be an issue. If not repaired correctly the structural integrity of the building can be compromised, weakening walls and floors and risking cave-ins or possible collapses.
Along with the destructive effects of fires, there may also be problems caused long-term by the presence of scorching, smoke, and soot. Breathing and respiratory complications may occur and conditions like asthma can develop over the long term if fire damage restoration and water repairs are not handled correctly.
Water property damage from flooding, burst pipes, and natural disasters can be devastating. Water can rot wood, cause decay to flooring and walls, and destroy drywall and other home materials. Long after the water has receded it can continue to cause issues in your home. Mold, mildew, and other ongoing problems can arise if water damage cleanup is not handled properly.
Mold and mold spores caused by damp or water flooding can be responsible for several health and breathing problems if not detected and cleaned. Properties that have been property property damaged by water run a higher risk of mold developing after the event. Mold damage will need to be cleaned and treated with professional mold remediation services to prevent it from reappearing in your home or business.
Why you need to hire professional home restoration contractors
If you have experienced an accidental fire or suffered a flood due to freezing pipes or storm damage, you will likely want to get your home or commercial property cleaned up and back to a usable condition as quickly as possible. Professional home restoration services like RAM Restoration can respond to emergencies quickly and efficiently.
Our team of certified professionals will assess the property damage, highlight any potential complications, and advise on a course of action. Water or flooding may require removal, pump-out, water clean-up, or water restoration services. Fire damage and the issues it creates may require smoke clean-up, soot removal, and structural repair services.
Whatever corrective steps are needed, you will want a certified IICRC restoration contractor to perform fire damage cleanup or water damage restoration services. Ensuring that your restoration and repair service is professional and qualified helps to ensure that all work is performed to industry standards and prevents future problems.
Preventative steps to protect your property
Any home or building can benefit from preventative steps to reduce the risk of fire, mold, and flooding. Property and homeowners should consider the following precautions to minimize risk exposure.
Fire can be destructive and devastating, but some simple, common-sense rules can avoid problems.
- Don’t leave open flames like candles unattended and don’t smoke near flammable materials or substances.
- Make sure appliances like cookers and ovens are switched off before leaving the house or going to bed.
- Install smoke alarms in every room.
- Ensure that fire extinguishers are regularly inspected and replaced.
- In commercial buildings make sure fire alarms and sprinkler systems are operational.
- Store flammable items safely and away from heat sources.
- Make sure combustible materials are safely stored or locked away securely.
Home water property damage repairs may be needed after from severe storms or from unpredictable events like dishwasher overflow. To prevent unnecessary corrective actions such as flood water pump out or structural drying take the following steps.
- Check that drains and gutters are free from clogging or debris.
- Don’t leave water running and unattended.
- Seal cracks in your home’s foundation to guard against storm property damage.
- If living in a flood area take steps to flood-proof your property.
- Check valves on water pipes and replace if needed.
- Grade your yard away from the home to prevent water access.
- Install foundation vents or a sump pump.
Black mold and mildew can build up even if you have never had a flood or any other type of significant water property damage. Mold remediation services will ensure that black mold removal is handled effectively. House mold removal will eradicate damp or unpleasant smells and correcting mold problems will result in mold prevention and odor removal from the property.
Here are some ways to prevent it.
- Make sure that your property is ventilated properly and air can move freely.
- Reduce moisture in the air with a dehumidifier.
- Install exhaust fans and vents in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Use cleaning products that include mold-killing properties.
- Use a commercial cleaning service
- After a flood or water event, remove carpets and soft furnishing that cannot be dried out immediately.
- Paint problem areas with mold-inhibiting paint.
- Fix any leaks in your property’s walls and floors
- Check and seal windows and doors to reduce moisture access
24/7 Emergency Response
In the unfortunate event of a home emergency, RAM restoration offers a 24/7 emergency response service to help you deal with problems quickly and easily. Disasters can occur at any hour of the day or night and our professional team of experts are on stand-by to answer your call and be at your location quickly.
When a fire or flood happens, you need someone on-site fast to deal with the effects and to prevent further issues. Our team offers a rapid response and can be there in as little as 15 minutes.
Board-up and tarping services
Should your property be unsafe to occupy or use we provide board-up and tarping services to seal and protect your home from any further property damage. We can also board up secure vacant properties or buildings that need to be protected for security reasons.
In the event of an emergency…
Even after taking all possible preventative steps to protect your property, you may still get caught out by an unexpected fire or flood. In some cases, there is simply nothing you can do to stop your home or commercial building from suffering property damage.
This is where RAM Restoration can step in and assist with building restoration services to prevent further property damage and facilitate the cleanup and repair of your property.
Once you place a call our operators will dispatch a team to your locations and we will handle everything needed. Expert home restoration specialists will spring into action and arrive at your door in as little as 15 minutes; no matter what time of day or night.
RAM restoration team members will assess the situation and take steps to prevent any further or unnecessary property damage. Fire and flooding are problematic and stressful but our experts will help you to handle it with the minimum of stress.
When the crisis has passed, it will be important to inspect the property to assess the property damage and identify things like hidden problems or possible future issues. As a fully qualified contractor, RAM Restoration will determine whether your property has been affected structurally and determine the cause of any property damages. We can also guide you in making an insurance claim and provide information and property damage evaluations to your provider.
Clean-up and repair services will be performed as soon as possible to remove water, dry out the property, remove fire smoke damage and scorching, and prevent mold build-up. Damaged items will be extracted from the home and restored or in the case of extreme property damage, determined to be un-salvageable.
Our goal is to get you back into your property as soon as possible and once clean-up and repair services have been performed, your home or business should return to its former glory. Some items may be irretrievably damaged. In this case, we will work with you and your insurers to facilitate claims and provide documentation or photographs as evidence of property damage.
When clean-up and restoration are completed, we will perform a complete walk-through to ensure that all repair work meets with your satisfaction.
What you should look for in a home restoration service
While most people never suffer from a fire or have to deal with a flood it is always best to be prepared. Having a restoration company in mind can be a good idea so you have someone to call on quickly if a disaster hits your property.
RAM Restoration provides expert repair services in Michigan and is a certified IICRC restoration contractor. Having an IICRC certification allows contractors to perform services like –
- Mold Remediation
- Stone and tile cleaning
- Fire and smoke damage restoration
- Water removal services
- Floor maintenance
- House cleaning and other services
For any company you are considering, check availability and response time. An emergency 24/7 response team should be available. If you experience an emergency in the middle of the night you don’t want to wait until the next day for your restoration company to arrive. Emergency disaster planning can help keep costs down in the event of a disaster. The longer the event is unattended, the more chance there is of sustaining further property damage, and emergency preparedness planning means that problematic occurrences can be attended to quickly.
Before engaging the services of a restoration company check for references and ask for referrals. When searching online for ‘restoration companies near me’ look for reviews and customer testimonials to measure job success and customer satisfaction. Third-party and service websites can offer independent reviews and accurately assess a company’s performance.
Hint: Companies with a 1-star rating may be best avoided!
Verify timeline and cost
Any reputable restoration company should be able to provide you with an estimated cost of services along with a realistic timeline. If this is not provided or the company you are speaking to is evasive about committing to a timeline then this could be a red flag. Quotes provided should include a breakdown of services including labor costs and cost of materials, along with the estimated price of clean-up, restorations, and repairs. Make sure that there are no extra hidden fees such as waste removal or material disposal and recycling costs.
Ask your insurance company
If you are organising repairs after a flood or a fire your insurance company will usually send an adjuster to assess the extent of the property damage. The majority of home insurance companies usually have a list of preferred restoration companies that they recommend to carry out the repair work.
These companies have typically been verified and approved by the insurer who ensures that they meet specific criteria including professional certification and qualifications. This means that the work has been done for you and if the company you are considering is on the insurer’s list, that means they are a reputable and professional business.
Avoid disreputable companies
Unfortunately, there are a lot of scammers in the building and construction trades and this includes restoration services. Therefore it is important to take steps to ensure that your restoration company is
In the wake of property disasters, disreputable businesses may attempt to contact you to offer their services and many property owners have been cheated out of their hard-earned money. Make sure you verify any company’s work background and credentials before hiring them, and if in doubt, check with your insurance company.
- Damage to properties can stem from various sources such as fires, water, and mold. Fires can result in extensive structural and interior damage along with potential long-term health implications due to smoke and soot. Water property damage restoration will be needed for issues caused by flooding or burst pipes. Emergency water removal stops rot, decay, and ongoing issues like mold.
- Engaging professional restoration services, like RAM Restoration, is crucial for prompt and efficient cleanup after incidents such as fire or flood property damage. Certified professionals assess the damage, advise on necessary actions, and perform restoration tasks that may involve water removal, structural repairs, smoke cleanup, and more.
- Preventive measures are key to minimizing risks associated with fire, mold, and flooding. These measures may include installing smoke alarms, maintaining fire extinguishers, ensuring proper drainage to prevent flooding, and taking steps to reduce moisture and increase ventilation to prevent mold growth.
- It’s essential to choose a reputable restoration company that offers emergency response, has positive references, and provides transparent cost estimates. Avoid disreputable businesses by verifying credentials and avoiding unsolicited offers.
Contact RAM Restoration for Property Damage Restoration Services